Credit, debit and ATM cards with embedded EMV® chips have been protecting consumers around the world from fraudsters for a number of years. Now, they’re becoming the new standard for security here at home, as well. When you receive an EMV-enabled card, here’s what you need to know:
- EMV transactions provide another layer of fraud protection, on top of all the security measures already in force.
- Your new cards will include both the EMV chip and the conventional magnetic stripe, enabling your cards to work at all merchants that accept cards.
- It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3 to use your card at an EMV-equipped merchant, simply:
- Insert the chip end of your card in the EMV terminal.
- Keep the card in the terminal, follow the prompts and enter your PIN or select CREDIT.
- Remove your card, take your receipt – and possibly sign a copy if you selected CREDIT.
- If you travel abroad, carrying your new card will let you make transactions easily at thousands of merchants where EMV is required.
What do you need to know?
EMV debit chip cards are now available at Tremont Credit Union.
What do you need to do?
Nothing, we will start sending out cards soon.
Contact us to answer all of your questions,